Tweeting, Facebook “likes”, blogging, linking in with LinkedIn, Hanging Out on Google+ keeps us in touch and up-to-date with our favorite friends and colleagues. In 2014, social media has become a digital asset that continues to grow each year. Businesses like MERGE, Inc. are relentless in building a following on social media to grow our network and share our capabilities. You might be surprised to find out who and where social media users exist. Here are some enlightening statistics on social web demographics. (Source: http://goo.gl/DshRa3)
72% of all internet users are now active on social media
- 18-29 year olds have an 89% usage
- The 30-49 bracket sits at 72%
- 60% of 50 to 60 year olds are active on social media
- In the 65 plus age bracket, 43% are using social media
- 71% of users access social media from a mobile device.
- Facebook is the clear #1 with over 1 billion users.
- Google+ has over 1 billion accounts and is growing 33% per annum.
- Twitter was the fastest growing network with 44% growth from 2012-2013 and has 215 million active users.
MERGE, Inc. is also growing our social presence, and we are active on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and our e-mail newsletter. In a few months, we will announce our virtual grand opening, and we want you to be there with us! If you haven’t already joined our social media network, please visit our websites below and press “like”. We appreciate your support!